Western Washington Gamblers Anonymous - Area 2H
The Unity Program
In order to maintain unity our experience has shown that:
- Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon group unity.
- Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
- The only requirement for Gamblers Anonymous membership is a desire to stop gambling.
- Each group should be self-governing except in matters affecting other groups or Gamblers Anonymous as a whole.
- Gamblers Anonymous has but one primary purpose - to carry its message to the compulsive gambler who still suffers.
- Gamblers Anonymous ought never endorse, finance or lend the Gamblers Anonymous name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property and prestige divert us from our primary purpose.
- Every Gamblers Anonymous Group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
- Gamblers Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but our service centers may employ special workers.
- Gamblers Anonymous, as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
- Gamblers Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the Gamblers Anonymous name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
- Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, films, television and Internet.
- Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of the Gamblers Anonymous program, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.